OFFICE LOCATION: MELBOURNE CBD and/or BRIGHTON
Our firm seeking an experienced and qualified Operations Manager. The successful candidate will organise, manage and direct all operations of our business. The role will include, but isn’t limited to, improving performance and productivity, as well as heightening profitability by implementing management strategies. You will be expected to work with all staff members, including other managers, to optimise the efficiency of the workplace. The chosen Operations Manager will ensure that all functions within the office are running at their most cost and time effective and are aligning with quality requirements. Overall, the chosen applicant will be tasked with heightening the management systems and processes to ensure the organisational health of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Guarantee that all operations are occurring in the correct and most cost-effective manner, ensuring alignment with quality necessities.
- Work closely with the Finance function to management operations budgets.
- Seek out ways to improve operational systems.
- Analyse financial statements to discover methods to drive, develop and implement new projects.
- Assist on existing firm projects and initiatives.
- Work with teams and management to adopt Operations and Facility Management best practice.
- Manage Services Agreements with third party providers including liaising with other business services as required.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and contractors.
- Work with staff to negotiate and agree on contracts for services.
- Create and maintain a contracts database.
- Ensure that premises meet government regulations regarding environmental, health and safety and accessibility standards.
- Stay apprised of relevant legislation applicable to all premises.
- Assist in overseeing building projects across all HC+A premises, renovations or refurbishments.
- Undertake security risk assessments or outsource for a third party to do so, as part of any delivery of projects or office building projects, renovations or refurbishments.
- Manage maintenance and repair works for all premises.
- Liaise with landlords’ building management teams on all maintenance issues.
POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME
We understand the juggle of work-life balance. Some flexibility in hours may be considered.
Salary will be commensurate on experience.
The successful applicant will have the following experience and skills:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as an Operations Manager, or in a similar role.
- A solid understanding of operations management and organisational methods.
- Previous experience developing and overseeing budgets.
- A general comprehension of financial and business principles and best practices.
- An excellent grasp of financial forcasting.
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Fine-tuned communication skills with varying levels within a company.
- Leadership ability, and a highly organised approach to leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, or related field of study.
Please provide a full cover letter and resume to the manager to be considered for this role.
Manager Name : Peta Gould
Position: Head of People Operations
Email Address: [email protected]awyers.com.au