- Kick start your legal career!
- Melbourne CBD location!
- Plenty of scope for advancement!
Our Office Services Clerk position is the “engine room” of our law firm and a great way to kick off your legal career. We are offering an exciting position with a diverse amount of activities central to our day to day operations. Activities include:
- Maintain confidentiality of papers and documents of our law firm;
- Managing all the day to day mail communications;
- Perform basic office duties such as answering the telephone, direct calls and emails and faxes;
- In charge of some important documents and records and storing them for archiving and closing of client files;
- Providing basic I.T. support where necessary;
- Participate on tasks requiring added assistance by helping legal assistants with photocopying, document preparation and compiling briefs for Barristers and Court;
- Train other co-workers to perform a better work by using computer applications to maintain efficiency of the office procedures;
- Cooperate with co-workers to maintain a friendly environment and proper interaction within the office;
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of office machines such as computers, fax machines and photocopying machines;
- Assist with general office maintenance and upkeep processes by managing our in-house maintenance processes; and
- Gradually learning legal assistant work that will allow for future progression within our firm.
- VCE pass and/or currently completing/or the completion of a legal diploma or legal based degree course.
- Basic level of administrative/secretarial abilities including touch typing and document production using MS Word suite;
- Ability to work under instruction and independently; and
- Solid understanding of email and Outlook processes.
We are lucky to work in such a multi-cultural professional services sector. Therefore a second language is also a wonderful advantage to have for this role, but it is not essential. All levels of skills and experience will be considered.
Salary is negotiable on experience.
Apply today for this head start in your legal career!
Please email your CV to Peta Gould at [email protected].