FINANCE ASSISTANT – Accounts Receivable Support
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance person seeking to expand into the world of legal costs. Legal office finance experience in billing, accounts payables and/or receivables would be ideal. This role is perfectly suited to those who have had a head start in an entry level accounts role and/or may have achieved or studying a Certificate or Diploma in Business or Accounting.
Your day to day key responsibilities would be as follows.
Update a costs outstanding spreadsheet and follow up with external Cost Consultants and our law firm’s lawyers as required;
- Draft letters claiming litigated/pre-litigated costs and disbursements;
- Follow up with Defendants/WorkSafe regarding status of claims;
- Draft letters to TAC claiming protocol costs and follow up;
- Issue summons for taxation, advise Cost Consultants of call over date and follow up;
- Assist with data entries into budgeting spreadsheet (income amounts and disbursements);
- Preparation of disbursements ledgers;
- Submit costing requests and financial data to Cost Consultants;
- Client invoicing; and
- Bank cheques (office & trust) and making the relevant entries into a finance system.
Complete post settlement action as follows:
- Create bills to clients;
- Record receipt of settlement funds into Trust;
- Issue settlement cheques to clients;
- Request Cost Consultants to assess and negotiate Party/Party Costs; and
- Record receipt of Party/Party costs.
A second language is preferred for this role but not essential.
Salary is negotiable on experience. Please send your CV through at [email protected]