- Kick start your legal career!
- Brighton location!
- Great team environment!
Our Office Services Clerk position is the “engine room” of our firm and great way to kick off your legal career. You will be responsible for:
- Managing all the day to day mail communication with our newly opened Melbourne office on postal mail, Ausdoc, email and faxing;
- Assisting with opening, closing and archiving client files;
- Providing basic I.T. support where necessary;
- Assisting secretarial staff with photocopying, document preparation and compiling briefs for Barristers and Court;
- Learning how to answer the phones and take client messages;
- Undertaking many office administrative duties as required; and
- Eventually learn basic legal assistant work that will allow for eventual progression within our firm.
- Administrative or theoretical knowledge of personal injury law pertaining to TAC, WorkCover, Medical Negligence and Public Liability;
- Some jurisdictional knowledge of court processes;
- Ability to work under instruction and independently;
- Basic level of administrative/secretarial abilities including touch typing and document production using MS Word suite;
- Solid understanding of email and Outlook processes; and
- Year 12 or equivalent pass and/or a legal certificate, diploma or legal based degree.
We are lucky to work in such a multi-cultural professional services sector. Therefore a second language is also a wonderful advantage to have for this role, but it is not essential. All levels of skills and experience will be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to Peta Gould at [email protected] or fill out our application form below.