This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic assistant to progress further in a reputable Melbourne Law Firm.
Reporting to our legal team, a majority of your role will involve:
- Daily liaison with clients, stakeholders, medical practitioners, barristers and general public;
- Ensuring comfortable seating arrangements are made for injured clients;
- Managing the firm-wide calendar;
- Look after requests and appointments, both business and personal;
- Assist and support all Solicitors and teams with paying accounts, booking interpreters, organising appointments, etc.;
- Co-ordinate bi-weekly Solicitor Team Meetings;
- Co-ordinate Marketing Meetings and conference calls;
- Handle all incoming phone calls;
- Pick up all message bank calls when left overnight;
- Emailing messages to support and legal staff;
- Dictation support for solicitors (digital);
- Daily emails to all Landing Page LIV Referrals;
- Order Stationery, toners, etc. for the city office;
- Liaise with maintenance trades;
- Maintain clean and tidy reception and boardroom areas;
- Ensure water, coffee, tea available for clients and visitors;
- Send out brochures to Seniors when required;
- Look after the petty cash for the city office;
- Ensure Solicitors are keeping their CPD Activity Points up to date; and
- Provide general support and backup to all teams.
Ideally we are seeking a candidate with basic office experience and with the following attributes:
- Professional and calm when dealing with clients;
- Demonstrate a consistent work history in Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant positions;
- Ability to handle and multi-task calendar entries;
- Good understanding of MS Word suite and 2010 Outlook Calendar management;
- Solid secretarial skills including touch typing of 60wpm (minimum);
- Basic knowledge of short-hand (optional);
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Quick learner with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- A good eye for detail and pride in your work;
- Accuracy with figures;
- Proficient in English; and
- A second language is also an advantage.
The role is in our city office. Salary is commensurate with experience and negotiable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to Peta Gould at [email protected] or fill out our application form below.