Legal Office Services Clerk
Our Office Services Clerk team is the heart of our law firm. At present, we are looking for a bright new addition to this team to perform various administrative clerical tasks to support our busy lawyers and teams. This role offers a great opportunity to kick off your legal career with exciting activities central to our day-to-day operations. Some activities include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and distributing communications by handling daily incoming and outgoing mail; monitoring firm-wide incoming faxes and emails and distributing those digitally to legal teams; processing incoming communications from internal and external stakeholders via our law firm’s central email service;
- Assisting legal staff with administrative activities such as photocopying, document preparation, compiling Briefs for Barristers, deliveries to Barristers and third parties and attending Court Subpoena Inspections;
- Learning other practice areas to assist co-workers, such as reception, new client file opening processes; working with legal documents and confidential records in archives and closing of client files;
- Gradually learning basic legal assistant activities with a view for future progression within our firm if desired; helping onboard and train new co-workers with office services clerk’s procedures when required; and
- Generally assisting with requests from our lawyers and support staff to continue with streamlining smooth and effective work practices; Cooperating with co-workers to maintain a friendly and happy environment at all times.
- Essential Criteria:
- VCE pass and/or currently completing/or the completion of a legal diploma or legal based degree course.
- Intermediate level of administrative skills including touch typing and document production using MS Word suite;
- Ability to work under instruction and independently; and
- Solid understanding of email and Outlook processes.