Our Office Services Clerk team is the heart of our law firm. At present, we are looking for a bright new addition to this team to perform various administrative clerical tasks to support our busy lawyers and support teams.
This role offers a great opportunity to kick off your legal career with exciting activities central to our day to day operations. Some activities include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and distributing communications by handling daily incoming and outgoing mail; monitoring firm-wide incoming faxes and emails and distributing digitally to legal teams; processing incoming communications from internal and external stakeholders via our law firm’s central email service;
- Assisting legal staff with administrative activities such as photocopying, document preparation, compiling Briefs for Barristers, deliveries to Barristers and third parties and attending Court Subpoena Inspections;
- Learning other practice areas with progression to assist co-workers, such as reception, new client file opening processes; working with legal documents and confidential records in archives and closing of client files;
- Gradually learning basic legal assistant activities with a view for future progression within our firm if desired; Helping onboard and train new co-workers with office services clerk’s procedures when required; and
- Generally assisting with requests from our lawyers and support staff to continue with streamlining smooth and effective work practices; Cooperating with co-workers to maintain a friendly and happy environment at all times.
An effective Office Services Clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills.
- VCE pass and/or currently completing/or the completion of a legal diploma or legal based degree course.
- Intermediate level of administrative skills including touch typing and document production using MS Word suite;
- Ability to work under instruction and independently; and
- Solid understanding of email and Outlook processes.
We are lucky to work in such a multi-cultural professional services sector. Therefore, a second language is also a wonderful advantage to have for this role, but it is not essential. All levels of skills and experience will be considered.
Apply today for this head start in your legal career!
Applicable candidates will be interviewed via Skype and Zoom during COVID-19 restrictions. Start date to be in line with Government return to work directives.
Please email your CV to us at [email protected]