Solid learning role with supportive mentoring and training.
Flexible or Hybrid work arrangements on offer.
Current paralegal experience highly regarded.
Henry Carus and Associates is a dedicated team of compensation lawyers in Melbourne, determined to fight for their clients and get the best possible outcome for their injury compensation claim.
We are a family feel organisation and value our staff and what they bring to the firm. Our ”five-star treatment” is extended to our clients, our current staff, and all new staff members. We offer comprehensive training and a strong “buddy” system to ensure seamless onboarding is achieved and new starters feel safe and supported.
OUR ROLE :
The overall responsibilities will include assisting with the management of compensation claims in all aspects of Pre-litigation stages and throughout Litigation (under supervision), including but not limited to:
- Preparing and managing files (under instruction) for the Impairment Benefit process in TAC and Workcover matters;
- Assisting with the management of disputes and the VCAT conciliation process;
- Assisting with the management of Magistrate’s Court and County Court matters; Using CITEC and RedCrest to lodge court documents;
- Preparing and reviewing supporting legal documents such as Serious Injury Application and Impairment Benefit claims forms;
- Learning to calculate claims for damages, compensation, maintenance, etc;
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- Observing in meetings and negotiations with opposing parties;
- Instructing barristers or specialist advocates to appear in court for the client in complex disputes; and
- Assisting in preparation of letters of instructions to medical experts seeking medico-legal reports and general advice; and
- Legal administrative activities such as maintaining a high level of client service by following the lawyers’ instructions, filing, binder indexing, photocopying & collating electronic briefs, preparing sending correspondence to clients, handling medical documents under instruction, and other material as required… and much more.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in law or well on the way to completing one, with a good academic record;
- Other legal bachelor’s degrees and diploma qualifications will also be considered;
- Legal experience or a period of training within a law firm in satisfaction of the position requirements;
- Administrative knowledge of personal injury law pertaining to TAC, WorkCover, Medical Negligence and Public Liability;
- Good jurisdictional knowledge of court processes;
- Ability to work under instruction and independently; and
- High level of administrative abilities including touch typing and document production using Outlook and the MS Word suite.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive market salary packaging, referral bonuses, flexible work arrangements, hybrid work arrangements, and we are always looking to improve our employee’s work life balance.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
We welcome your application today, all levels of experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply now !
Please email your application at [email protected]