Listening to his clients, understanding their concerns and goals and taking the time to explain their options are at the core of Henry Carus’ approach. Having been a former New York City trial lawyer and having acted for a number of insurance firms here in Australia, Henry’s varied work experience has given him a unique insight into each and every aspect of the legal process.
Approachable, caring and determined, Henry goes to great lengths to understand his clients’ personal situations and stories and explain to them the legal process in detail. His approach is what ensures excellent outcomes, winning over 98% of cases.
Legal Career History
2001 – present
Henry Carus + Associates
Senior Associate ( Melbourne )
1999 – 2001
Partner ( Melbourne )
Clients: HIH Insurance; CIC Insurance; AAMI; City of Melbourne
1995 – 1999
Principal ( Melbourne )
Client: TAC; HIH Insurance; CIC Insurance; AAMI; City of Melbourne
1992 – 1994
Henry Carus Esq
Independent Trial Lawyer ( New York )
Clients: Plaintiffs injured in compensation matters
1986 – 1992
Diamond, Paino, Cardo & King
Independant Trial Lawyer ( New York)
Clients: Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
1984 – 1986
Waxman, Miller & Trautwig
Associate Litigation Lawyer (Barrister and Solicitor) ( New York )
Clients: Plaintiffs injured in compensation matters; AETNA Casualty and Insurance Co.
1983 – 1984
Honourable Burton R. Lifland – Bankruptcy Judge
Student Clerk ( New York )
Matter: Reorganisation of James Manville Co.
- 2009 Accredited Specialist – Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1998 Accreditation Courses, University of Sydney
- 1995 Accreditation Courses, University of Melbourne
- 1980 – 1983 Juris Doctor, St John’s University – New York
- 1976 – 1980 Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, Manhattan College – New York
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association (USA)
- Southern Solicitors Group of Victoria
- Medico-Legal Society of Victoria