Suffered A Slip, Trip Or Fall In A Public Place? We’ll Use Over 30 Years Of Experience, To Get You The Best Possible Outcome.
What you’ll discover on this page:
As always, we aim to leave no stone unturned, so our comprehensive approach begins with us collating the information we need on how the accident happened, how and if it was reported, and if there were there any witnesses.
If we believe we can demonstrate both liability and that you have suffered a significant injury, we can then proceed with the claim.
Maximise Your Compensation For Any Slip or Fall in a Public Place With Our Free Guide
Follow our guide, you will tremendously enhance the opportunity to obtain compensation for any injuries suffered.
Slip, Trip And Fall Accidents Can Be Avoided – Here’s How
Falls in public places are not an inevitable part of life. Many of these accidents could be eliminated if the people responsible for maintaining properties took proper steps to keep their facilities reasonably safe.
Some examples of common slip, trip and fall hazards – and possible fixes – include:
- The floors in the lobby of an office building become slick with rainwater brought in by workers and visitors. Placing absorbent doormats at the entry and having janitors mop up the puddles could prevent someone from slipping on the wet floor.
- A step in a dimly lit bar causes patrons to trip. This hazard could be avoided by marking the step with lights, a sign or some other measure that would call attention to it.
- Uneven pavement in a footpath in front of a shop causes shoppers to stumble. Those responsible for maintaining the paths should monitor their condition and make prompt repairs. Damaged pavement should be marked with signs or other warnings until repairs can be made.
- The deck around a hotel’s swimming pool becomes very slippery when water is splashed from the pool. The hotel owners could install friction strips that would give pedestrians surer footing on the deck.
- A wooden step that leads to the upper level of an apartment building has become rotten and loose, posing a fall hazard The owners of the building should monitor the condition of all walkways and make repairs as soon as possible.
- Displays of merchandise in a department store block the aisles and pose a trip hazard. Store managers should make sure that customers can safely navigate the store without stumbling over clutter.
These are just a few examples of the many ways in which a slip, trip or fall accident can happen in a public place in Victoria – and the ways in which such accidents could be avoided.
Who’s Responsible For Slip, Trip And Fall Injuries In Victoria?
Most of the time, it is the responsible party’s insurer that actually pays the claim.
Lorraine came to us after tripping on the tarmac at Brisbane Airport as she was boarding an airplane. She sustained a painful knee injury which caused her distress and pain. Unaware of her legal rights, Lorraine approached our firm regarding any entitlements to compensation. Accidents which occur in flight, boarding or disembarking from a plane are unusual claims. Such claims are governed by legislation and procedures many lawyers are…Read Success Story »
Benefits Available To Slip, Trip And Fall Victims In Victoria
Victims of a slip, trip or fall accident in a public place that was caused by someone else’s negligence may be entitled to a range of compensation, such as:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses, including future costs
- Wages you are unable to earn due to work absences caused by your injuries, both past and future
- The pain, suffering and lost enjoyment of life you endured due to the accident
- The cost of hiring help to assist you with tasks at home that you are unable to perform because of your injuries
Estimated Timeline To Get Compensation After A Slip And Fall Accident
The legal team at Henry Carus + Associates wastes no time getting to work on our clients’ personal injury claims. For us, early evidence is key to the success of a these types of cases. So right from the start we’ll devote a large amount of time to investigating the accident and, more often than not, we will visit the accident site so we can better understand the cause of the accident.
We also take a careful and detailed statement from the client and from all witnesses as soon as possible in a bid to increase the chance of recall accuracy.
Once we have this vital evidence in our hands, we have a solid base from which we can launch a successful case.
Our first priority is always to make sure that our client receives proper treatment for the injuries suffered in the accident. Once the client’s injuries have stabilised, we typically ask a doctor to determine the degree of our client’s permanent impairments and ask the doctor to provide us with a Wrongs Act Certificate. This certificate confirms that a person has suffered an injury of greater than 5% “Whole Person Impairment”
The Henry Carus + Associates Difference
For us, early evidence is key to the success of a these types of cases. So right from the start we’ll devote a large amount of time investigating the accident and, more often than not, we will attend the accident site so we can better understand the cause of the accident.
We guarantee 100% privacy.
Your information will not be shared.