How Medical Negligence Can Affect Children

The Effects of Medical Negligence on Children | Henry Carus and Associates

Every stage in a child’s development is a watershed moment. Serious injuries and illnesses early in life can permanently impact a child’s growth and ability to thrive as an adult. Parents trust doctors and medical […]

Read More

No-Fault COVID-19 Vaccine Indemnity Scheme

Indemnity Scheme for COVID-19 Vaccine Injury | Henry Carus and Associates

There are currently three COVID-19 vaccines in use in Australia – Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca), Comirnaty (Pfizer), and Spikevax (Moderna). Like all medicines, vaccines can have side effects (also known as adverse events). The Therapeutic Goods Administration […]

Read More

What Are the Disadvantages of Bariatric Surgery?

What Are the Risks of Bariatric Surgery? | Henry Carus and Associates

Bariatric surgery refers to several different procedures that can help patients lose weight. Although gastric bypass and other types of weight loss surgery can be effective for some patients who are obese or extremely obese, […]

Read More

Can I Sue a Hospital for Negligence?

Are Hospitals Liable for Medical Negligence? | Henry Carus and Associates

Going to hospital is always stressful. Any hospital visit can result in enormous life changes, whether positive (such as the birth of a child) or negative (such as a serious injury or illness). We expect […]

Read More

What Birth Injuries Cause Cerebral Palsy?

Birth Injuries That Cause Cerebral Palsy | Henry Carus and Associates

Few instances of medical negligence are more tragic than those affecting children. Unfortunately, doctors and other medical professionals can commit serious errors in the earliest moments of a child’s life, resulting in long-term and even […]

Read More